Position: Membership and Development Director
The Organization: The Turtle Creek Park Conservancy is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with a management contract with the City of Dallas to care for Turtle Creek Park and Arlington Hall.
Our Mission: The Turtle Creek Park Conservancy is a nonprofit organization committed to the conservation, preservation and exceptional care of Turtle Creek Park and Arlington Hall, while creating a public space for physical and mental wellness, connection, entertaining, and educational programs.
Job Type: Full-Time Salaried Position. Schedule is Monday – Friday, some evenings, and weekends. Salary commensurate with experience.
Reports To: President & CEO
Development and Grant Writing
- Identify potential sources of programmatic and operational financial support, including foundations and state and federal government sources.
- Draft and implement the annual and long-term development plan and monitor its progress.
- Draft grant proposals and be responsible for their timely submission.
- Prepares and presents regular reports to Board of Directors on progress toward achievement of activity and fundraising goals.
- Assist President & CEO with face-to-face visits and solicitations with donors and potential donors, as well as leverage telephone, email, and digital or social media outreach to solicit annual and planned gifts in accordance with agency and department goals.
- Create sponsorship materials for events and other programs.
- Research, identify, and oversee solicitation of potential sponsors.
- Manage event and program sponsors, including managing sponsor relations and deliverables.
- Prepare packets, background materials, and research to present to sponsors.
- Creates and implements a plan to identify, cultivate and solicit the acquisition of new donors/members and retention and upgrade of existing donors/members for annual and planned gifts.
- Create outreach systems for organizations, public advertisements, direct mail, email, phone, and others.
- Create marketing materials and messaging for renewals and membership solicitations.
- Implement and maintain monthly membership renewal plan.
- Update and maintain membership records using Salesforce.
- Recruit and mange volunteers.
- Ability to adjust communication style to handle effectively diverse situations.
- Ability to oversee, and direct multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines/priorities.
- Work cooperatively with other internal staff, outside vendors, boards, management, and the general public.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English including usage, spelling, grammar, composition, and punctuation.
- Use a variety of software packages, including Salesforce, Classy, Constant Contact, Adobe, and Microsoft Office.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15 Sep: Patron’s Circle Wine & Cheese Reception
A beautiful September evening was the perfect setting for our Wine & Cheese Reception to thank our supporters for their generous support. The Turtle Creek Conservancy invited our supporters of the Patron's Circle level to gather on the Magnolia Terrace…
18 May: Parks and Mental Health
Many of you have shared how Turtle Creek Park has made an impact on your life and mental health over the last year. Studies have shown that having access to green space can help fight against depression, stress, and anxiety. Regular contact with nature is an aid for good mental health.
17 Oct: Host your socially distanced event at Arlington Hall
Are you looking for a large space to safely host meetings, lunches, and dinners? Arlington Hall has open spaces indoors and out, and lovely French doors that allow fresh air to circulate. The staff of Food Glorious Food, the catering company at…