Position: Director of Park Operations, Turtle Creek Conservancy
Organization: The Turtle Creek Conservancy is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization contracted by the City of Dallas to care for Arlington Hall and Turtle Creek Park. Our mission is to provide elevated care and thoughtful development to Arlington Hall and Turtle Creek Park for today and tomorrow.
Function: Oversee and provide hands-on property and facilities management expertise to upkeep and maintain all aspects and safety for historic event venue and 20-acre park grounds to the highest standards.
Job Type: Full-Time Salaried Position. Schedule is Monday – Friday and some evenings and weekends. Salary commensurate with experience.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Report to: President/CEO of Turtle Creek Conservancy
Position Description and Qualifications:
- Maintain and oversee Turtle Creek Park grounds, buildings, and equipment in order to manage multiple functions of building and outdoor park operations.
- Create and execute comprehensive preventive maintenance.
- Proven work experience as a groundskeeper, landscaper, property manager, facilities manager, or similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of irrigation water delivery systems, computerized irrigation control programs, and other landscaping equipment and techniques.
- Orchestrate coordination and management of the City of Dallas park departments personnel, landscape maintenance contractors and building infrastructures contractors.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the property.
- Understanding of the comprehensive annual budget and provide recommendations for property. Interface with Board of Director committee members and staff to prepare and advise an annual maintenance and operations budget and ongoing projects list.
- Self-starter with high standards and professionalism. Keen attention to detail, honesty, adaptability, dependability, and willingness to do hands-on work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and basic technology for social media.
- Capacity to coordinate and manage multiple projects and vendors using available resources with strong organizational skills and strategically reprioritize needs for the park and venue.
- Excellent stamina and physical health, as the job requires extensive standing, walking, bending, gardening, and heavy lifting.
- Ability to be exposed to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other materials used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Position requires a background check and drug test.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in this position, email your resume and contact information to email@example.com.
15 Sep: Patron’s Circle Wine & Cheese Reception
A beautiful September evening was the perfect setting for our Wine & Cheese Reception to thank our supporters for their generous support. The Turtle Creek Conservancy invited our supporters of the Patron's Circle level to gather on the Magnolia Terrace…
18 May: Parks and Mental Health
Many of you have shared how Turtle Creek Park has made an impact on your life and mental health over the last year. Studies have shown that having access to green space can help fight against depression, stress, and anxiety. Regular contact with nature is an aid for good mental health.
17 Oct: Host your socially distanced event at Arlington Hall
Are you looking for a large space to safely host meetings, lunches, and dinners? Arlington Hall has open spaces indoors and out, and lovely French doors that allow fresh air to circulate. The staff of Food Glorious Food, the catering company at…